Climbing the Corporate (Counsel) Ladder | Tips and Strategies for Landing Your Next Big In-House Legal Role
November 13 @ 6:30 PM – 9:30 PM EST
In-House Connect is pleased to invite you to the first of installment of our IHC Advantage™ series on skills and strategies for advancing in your in-house legal career:
Climbing the Corporate (Counsel) Ladder | Tips and Strategies for Landing Your Next Big In-House Legal Role.
Obtaining a General Counsel or Deputy General Counsel-level position is the ultimate career ambition of many hard-working in-house attorneys. Yet with relatively few such opportunities at the top of the in-house pyramid, how can career-minded corporate counsel set themselves apart in the hypercompetitive market for these most sought-after roles?
Please join In-House Connect and Major, Lindsey & Africa (MLA) as we discuss actionable tips and strategies for breaking through to the next level in your in-house legal career.
Topics will include:
- Current hiring trends in connection with GC and Deputy GC roles;
- The most in-demand skillsets for GC and Deputy GC level roles, and how to acquire them;
- Other soft-skill traits and qualities required for success in higher-level in-house legal roles, and how to strengthen these;
- The role of networking and personal relationships and how to network effectively;
- How the GC/Deputy GC-level resume should differ from the standard in-house counsel resume;
- The role of outside recruiters in pursuing GC/Deputy GC roles, and how to get the attention of top recruiters;
- The importance of LinkedIn and LinkedIn profile optimization;
- How best to prepare for a GC/Deputy GC-level interview; and more!
The discussion will be moderated by In-House Connect founders Brian Greenberg and Shai Mehani, and will feature top MLA recruiters Dimitri Mastrocola and James Lee.
6:30PM – 7:00PM: Registration and Networking
7:00PM – 8:30PM: Program
8:30PM – 9:30PM: Cocktails and Networking
Note: This program is not CLE-eligible.
The program will be held at the offices of our gracious sponsor, Power Forward Group.