- This event has passed.
How In-House Counsel Need To Manage Cross-Border Data Transfers Post Schrems II and Brexit
September 16 @ 6:30 PM – 9:30 PM EDT
In-House Connect is thrilled to connect you with an esteemed panel of cross-border data experts, including Driven’s expert consultants, Eric P. Mandel and Philip Favro, and the head of Osborne Clarke’s Silicon Valley office, Emily Jones. They will provide an engaging discussion and analysis of key cross-border transfer questions and provide cutting edge practice tips for in-house counsel to address these complex issues.
Topics for discussion include the following:
- What steps controllers and processors should consider taking given the demise of the Privacy Shield?
- How should companies proceed if they wish to use or continue using Standard Contractual Clauses?
- What viable alternatives are there to using Standard Contractual Clauses?
- What guidance have European data protection supervisory authorities provided on addressing cross-border data transfers?; and
- What impact will Brexit have on transfers involving the UK?
After the presentation, all attendees are invited to participate in virtual networking via breakout rooms with the panelists and other key personnel from Driven and Osborne Clarke. Network with in-house counsel peers and talk through how your company is managing cross-border data-transfers amidst all this uncertainty.
Open Registration for In-House Counsel and Guests of Driven, Osborne Clarke, and In-House Connect only.
6:30 pm–8:30 pm ET: Introduction, Presentation by Driven + Osborne Clarke, followed by Q+A
8:30 pm–9:30 pm ET: Virtual Networking via Zoom Breakout Rooms